Monday 25 September 2017

#TheReadingQuest Wrap Up


The lovely Aentee @ Read at Midnight organised this challenge and the amazing CW @ Read, Think, Ponder created the stunning artwork. Once again thank you for all the fun!

I’ve finally come to the conclusion that I shouldn’t push off writing the wrap up post any further. I’ll definitely participate in the next round if this challenge comes back and Aentee already made that promise so I can’t wait! I hope I’ll keep up better next time, but all in all I’m quite happy that I even got to nearly complete my challenge.


I managed to level up once and I gained a couple of health points. I had a lot of fun running down the Mage’s quest’s board. I read great books and had a lot of fun discussing them with some of my friends. I also got to add a lot of new books to my tbr when I saw other participants reading them. See the irony? Collecting new books to read throughout a challenge although it should help you make your tbr list smaller… Oh well. Life as a bookworm, right?


I read a total of 2016 pages and sadly I didn’t manage to read titles by any marginalized authors. I intend to look out better for this part next time around!

If you’re interested here’s my Sign Up Post from back in August. Like many others I tend to ignore my tbr’s though and changed two books ‘cause I’m a mood reader. Oh and there you’ll also find all the info on how you could collect points and level up.

What Did I Read?


A book set in a different world



This was my favourite read! Not only of this challenge, but of the entire last half year. The book gripped me so hard and didn’t let me go until the last page, and not even then did it leave me be. A month later and I still couldn’t start the next book in the series because ACOMAF was so good! Here’s my full and very lengthy review. Might I convince anyone to do a buddy read with me forA Court of Wings and Ruin?

Pages: 624/624
Marginalised Author: No


A book based on mythology



I’m a huge Rick Riordan fan so it’s no surprise that I included one of his books for this challenge. What better book to read for a mythology theme than one based in Percy Jackson’s world?

Pages: 359/359
Marginalised Author: No


Expansion: Read a companion novel or short story



I’m kind of ashamed to say this, but this book has been standing on my shelves for ages and I’ve never come around to reading it… (by the way, do you also hear a distant Septa Unella shout repeatedly “Shame”?)

Pages: 109/109
Marginalised Author: No


The first book of a series



Oh this one. I LOVED this one! It took me ages to finally start the Throne of Glass series and I was wrapped up in it from page one! This is seriously so good, I couldn’t let go of the book. And now I’m silently judging myself for not ordering the entire series at once. As soon as I’ve found a new job and get my first paycheck I’m going to order the rest of the books and read them asap! Oh and by the way: Chaol and Celaena all the way! (and please don’t plop my bubbles if anything should happen to this ship! I’m going to find out on my own time..)

Pages: 404/404
Marginalised Author: No


A book with a one word title



This is the first audiobook I’ve listened to in ages! I think the last one I’ve heard must have been a Harry Potter one years and years back. So I was quite happy listening to this one and it’s been a while since I’ve read a dystopia.

Pages: 326/326
Marginalised Author: No


Multiplayer: Buddy read a book



I sincerely apologize to Cornelia for letting her down on this one! We made a plan to read this together and I didn’t manage to keep up because of my vacation in the first place, and second because this book annoyed me so much I couldn’t bear reading it for too long. I’m still not finished! Though I’m taking it with me everywhere I go to read it on the bus or train.

Pages: 144/440
Marginalised Author: No


Grind: A book with 500+ pages



I didn’t get far with the first book in the Final Empire series either. I didn’t get into it right aways and started reading other books instead, so I’m still trying to pick this back up again..

Pages: 50/721
Marginalised Author: No


In total I read 2016 pages and finished 5 books. I also managed to collect 11 points using the social media interaction bonus points. In the next few weeks I’m going to post the remaining reviews and I can’t wait to discuss the books in full detail with you! I’d love to hear what you read for this challenge and what your thoughts are on the books so feel free to link me up to your Wrap Up posts!