Saturday 16 September 2017

Stacking The Shelves #11: The I Went Overboard Edition


"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual." It's a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

So as you can guess from the title I went on a little shopping spree this week. Today I visited my favourite comic book store in Zurich and guess what, I walked out with full bags once again. Next to so many series that I’ve got on my pull list, I finally got some awesome new trade paperbacks that I’m so excited about. Also I’m especially excited about Runaways by Rainbow Rowell starting and just had to get the first issue. Gotham Academy is finally back with a new series!! And the new Ms Marvel is out too, I need to catch up with the previous four though first :/

Two nights ago I spent a little time on NetGalley and instead of reading those arcs that I ALREADY HAVE what did I do? Of course, I downloaded three new ones! Why do I never learn? I was so excited to see the first book in James Dashner’s 13th Reality series being up there for grabs that I just couldn’t resist.

Oh and the best part about today’s shopping trip: I went to a bookstore in Zurich where they have this big charitiy book project running for a few days. If you donate books you can get discounts on the new ones you’re going to buy and for the very first time in YEARS !!! I bought a Hardcover book (The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue) and I finally got my Warcross copy!! So yeah, I’ve added quite some reading material this week.

The Goodies


   

1. Runaways #1 by Rainbow Rowell
2. Gotham Academy: Second Semester, Volume 1: Welcome Back by Brenden Fletcher
3. Superman Action Comics (Rebirth), Volume 3: The Men of Steel
4. Ms. Marvel, Volume 7: Damage Per Second

For Review


  

5. Noble, Volume 1 by Brandon Thomas
6. Charmed: A Thousand Deaths by Erica Schultz
7. The 13th Reality: Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner

Bought


 

8. Warcross by Marie Lu
9. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee

I'd like to know

What did you stack your shelves with today? Do your local book stores also have book donation weeks or other charitable bookish events? Link me up to your StS posts in the comments! :)