Sunday 24 September 2017

Down The TBR Hole #5


This meme created by Lia @ Lost in a Story helps me go through my to-read shelf on Goodreads and sort out the books that I feel no longer belong there. Check out my first post I made for this feature Down The TBR Hole #1 - there you’ll also find the guidelines about how to do this if you want to join. So let's see which books I can remove from my shelf today.

Today I’d like to introduce a new shelf that I’m going to be using from now on. I created an exclusive shelf on goodreads named physical-to-read. There I’ll be shelving all the books I currently own, but haven’t read yet.

#51 The Elite



I haven’t started this series yet, so I’m not sure if I’m even going to read the sequels. So I’m going to remove this for now from my tbr.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#52 The Pointless Book



Wow, this book is a huge flashback to my past days where I spent hours and hours on Youtube watching british videos. I’m not fangirling over Alfie all too much anymore so I think I can safely remove this book from my tbr.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#53 Hopeless



Although a lot of my Goodreads friends rated this book very highly I don’t see myself reading this anytime soon. There are so many other books I want to focus on especially since I’m really into Fantasy again.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#54 The Immortal Rules



Dystopia mixed with Vampires. Sounds very intriguing. Although I’m probably not going to read this very soon, I’m going to keep this on my tbr for some time longer. Maybe one day I’ll get to it. Mainly this decision lies on all the positive ratings from my Goodreads friends.

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#55 The Shock of the Fall



If I come across this book in a bookstore I might just take it home, but other than that compulsive buying habit of mine, I don’t think that I’d get a copy of this. It sounds interesting, though not at all like something I want to read at the moment.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#56 Matched



Dystopiiaaaaa. The decision is clear. I’m going to keep this on this list until I finally read it. This is a series that many of my friends have read and one of them even wrote her Final’s paper on it (and tried to interview me for it but I had to decline because I hadn’t read it yet -.-). So one day, I’ll definitely read it.

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#57 Hunting Lila



I can’t even remember putting this book on my tbr. I’m going to have to remove it, though, because it sounds like way too many other stories I’ve read so far and I don’t quite feel like it’s something I’d want to read again.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#58 Incarnate



Reincarnation is such an interesting subject and we know so little about it. Already in history lessons this has always amazed me what different cultures believe in. This book sounds really interesting too and might make me think about the whole subject from a new point of view, who knows? Plus, the cover is reaaallly stunning.

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#59 The Winner's Curse



Another series everybody seems to have read, but me. The plot sounds so promising and I hope it’ll be as good as everyone keeps telling me when I finally read it.

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#60 Winnie-the-Pooh



Ehm… This must have ended up here after me remembering how much I loved the movies when I was a child. I don’t think that I’m going to read this though.

Verdict: remove from shelf


So this is today's Down The TBR Hole. What do you think of my decisions? Would you have kept a book on your tbr that I discarded? What did you remove from your TBR this week?