Sunday 30 July 2017

#TheReadingQuest Sign Up


I love reading challenges. I can’t get enough of them. Though a lot of times I do not finish them. This time I intend to participate until the very end and actually keep up with all my reviews and reading updates.

The lovely Aentee @ Read at Midnight organised this challenge and the amazing CW @ Read, Think, Ponder created the stunning artwork.

This reading challenge starts on August 13th and ends on September 10th. It’s perfect because the first week I’ll be on vacation and have a lot of time to read some books at the beach (in Korfu, Greece *.*) and when I come back I’ve got nothing planned so far which equals even more time for reading.


This is my character ID card. At the end of the challenge I'll hopefully have a lot better stats than now. 


These are the four characters you may choose from. I’m going to pick Mage. The stats everyone starts with are: Level 1, EXP: 10, HP: 10.

+EXP: each finished book +10.
+EXP: each finished graphic novel / manga +5
Book by marginalised author: +20.
Finish quest: +50.
Every additional quest: +30.

+Level: every 50 EXP.

+HP: every 10 pages +1.
+HP: every 20 pages +1 (graphic novels / manga)
Tweeting #TheReadingQuest +1. Max +20.
Photos #TheReadingQuest +1. Max +20.


Isn’t this quest board amazing? Here is my temporary reading list. This might change throughout the challenge.

A book with a one word title



I can’t even say how many years this book has been hidden in my bookshelves. I loved the TV series Bones and I started Kathy Reich’s series about Temperance Brennan a few years back, but never got all too far. Maybe this book will appeal more to me.


A book that contains magic



I don’t know which book I’m going to read for this part yet. But I’ve got a couple of books to choose from. I guess this will depend totally on my mood.


A book based on mythology



I’m really excited about this one because I absolutely love Rick Riordan and can’t wait to continue with Percy Jackson’s adventures. This time featuring Apollo.


A book set in a different world



I read A Court Of Thorns and Roses last year and didn’t enjoy it all too much, but I’m willing to give the series another chance. I hope I like the sequel better.


The first book of a series



This book has been waiting patiently on my bookshelf for over two years now. It’s high time I finally start reading it. And it would finally be my first book by Rick Riordan that isn’t based on Percy Jackson.



So yeah. This is the end of my sign up! I’m really excited about this and can’t wait for the challenge to start. If you’d like to participate too then sign up here.

Are you going to participate or have you already joined this challenge? What books are you going to read and do you have any other recommendations for me? I’d love to hear about it so tell me in the comments!

By the way: I'm looking for somebody to do the Multiplayer (Buddy Read) challenge here. Is anybody interested? Let me know! :)