Sunday 7 May 2017

March & April Belated Wrap Up

It’s been sooo long since my last post. And I am really not proud of myself because I wanted to keep this year posty and not be overwhelmed with university again. But well, guess what happened. I let myself be dragged into the whole uni-stress again.

Here we go, nonetheless. I’d like to share my wrap up of the past two months with you because I didn’t manage to post them at the correct time. I’ve read A LOT of great books and comics, although I don’t know where I actually found the time for it. As you’ll see with my ratings, I was really happy with everything I read, except for one book which I had to DNF for the time being.

Especially to all my NetGalley contacts (I feel like this isn’t the correct word to use, but I can’t come up with what I actually wanted to say right here), I want to extend a sincere apology! I promise to catch up with all my remaining reviews, because I really adored the books and comics I got to read, but didn’t have the time to post my reviews yet. But I really need to get on with writing down my thoughts for everyone to read because I’ve read some amazing stories that I need to tell you all about.

This month I’ll try to catch up with as many reviews as possible, though I don’t want to make too many promises because I’ve got my Finals in three weeks and I really need to study. Also, I’d love to tell you guys about other things going on in my life, or that have been bothering me and I really want to show you my impressions of this years’ Fantasy Basel - The Swiss Comic Con. So yeah, hopefully I can keep up with all my plans! :)

BOOKS READ


    

1. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
2. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard DNF
3. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
4. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
5. Geekerella by Ashley Poston

COMICS READ


   
   

1. Gwenpool Vol 1
2. Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Vol 1
3. Suicide Squad Vol 1 3.5
4. Batgirl Vol 1
5. Wonder Woman Vol 1
6. All Star Batman Vol 1 3.5
7. Hal Jordan & The Green Lanterns Vol 1
8. Blue Beetle Vol 1 4.5
9. Cyborg Vol 1 4.5

2016 READING CHALLENGES UPDATE


Read 5 Books from my TBR Pile
Progress 3/5 (60%)

Read 10 new Comics
Progress 22/10 (220%)

2017 Dystopia Reading Challenge
Progress: 1/6 (16%)

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge
Progress: 9/26 (36%)

TV SERIES HIGHLIGHTS


    

So… what do you do when you’re under pressure and have tons of stuff to learn, study and memorize by heart? Bingo! You start binge watching new series :P

I finally started watching Prison Break and I was through with the first season in a blink of an eye. I calmed down a little after that but am currently totally obsessing over the second season. Before that however, I binge watched seasons 1 and 2 of Reign in a matter of days. I’ve watched it before, but got stuck somewhere in the middle of the second season and really needed to re-watch it again. Sadly, Netflix in my country doesn’t show the third season yet and I can barely wait for them to upload it.

I started watching 13 Reasons Why right when it came out and it BLEW MY MIND. I wasn’t emotionally ready for that. I still can’t get over it. This series really needs its own blog post, maybe someday I’ll have the time to write about it. And my currently 2 favourite on-going series are The Flash season 3 and Marvel’s Agents of Shield (or Hydra if you prefer the season 4B version). Both only have 2 episodes left until the season finale and I’m not ready for them to end for the summer! :0

CINEMATIC HIGHLIGHTS


 

I actually managed to only go twice to the movies' this past two months and both films were amazing! Guardians of the Galaxy was such a fun film and I just loved Emma Watson in Beauty and the Beast. Have you seen these two, too?

Blog Recap


In case you missed it here's a recap of my latest posts and reviews.

❥ Comic Reviews Wonder Woman: Her Greatest Battles and The Lies

❥ Comic Reviews Superman: Path of Doom and Suicide Squad: The Black Vault

❥ Waiting on Wednesday: But Then I Came Back

But Then I Came Back by Estelle Laure Review

I'd like to know

What was the biggest adventure you had in the past two months? Or anything else you’d like to tell me you did or were up to that I might have missed? What have you read and what are you currently reading? Anything I should put on my TBR list? Are there any TV series you’re obsessing over that I might like to watch? Or do we have anything in common on our lists? Let me know in the comments! I’d love to chat with you! :D