Saturday 11 February 2017

Stacking the Shelves #9: The Comic Haul Edition


"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual." It's a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

On Thursday I went on a "little" haul in my local comic store. I love going there because there are always so many awesome things to see, but at the same time it's really dangerous for me because it's like a spell. I cannot leave the store without buying a lot.

I'm not going to show you the singles I got, just the big Trade Paperbacks which I've already fallen in love with! And somehow I got SO MANY e-comics from NetGalley this week too. Seriously, I nearly fell of my chair when I checked my mail and saw what I had gotten in my inbox.

I also got three totally awesome books that I'd nearly given up hope on and I think I really need to stop requesting for the moment. My blog schedule is FULL with reviews that I've only started writing bits and pieces and haven't had the time to format even a little, yet :/ So let me show you what I got! :)

The Goodies


   

1. Batman, Volume 1: I Am Gotham by Tom King & Scott Snyder (I'm so excited about this one!)
2. Superman, Volume 1: Son Of Superman by Peter J. Tomasi (I already read this and LOVED it!)
3. Ms. Marvel, Volume 2: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson (Hope this will be just as good as the first Vol.)
4. Scarlet Witch, Volume 2: World of Witchcraft by James Robinson (uhm... yeah I hope I'll like this better than the first one)

For Review


    

5. Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 1: Sinestro's Law by Robert Venditti (Hope I'll enjoy this just like the other Green Lanterns)
6. Suicide Squad, Vol. 1: The Black Vault by Rob Williams (This will be interesting I hope)
7. Superman: Action Comics, Vol. 1: Path of Doom (I'm not a big Lex fan, so I hope Superman will show him who's Boss :p)
8. Wonder Woman: Her Greatest Battles (The perfect comic to read before the film gets released this year I've heard)
9. Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: The Lies (Sounds intriguing!)

Other ARCs For Review


  

10. Optimists Die First by Susin Nielsen (I just finished this two days ago and it's so great! Can't wait to share my review with you guys)
11. Things I Should Have Known by Claire LaZebnik (This sounds so good!)
12. Nowhere Near You by Leah Thomas (They approved this copy for me one day before its archive date. I'm so glad I got to download it in time)

Bought



13. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (Let's hope I'll read this in less than two months, not like ACOTAR)

I'd like to know

What did you get this week? Have you also added some Comics or did you get some interesting ARCs? Or did you go on a big shopping spree in your local bookstore? :)