Saturday 21 January 2017

Stacking The Shelves #7: The NetGalley Edition


"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual." It's a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

This week I decided to go on NetGalley and try to get some ARCs for the very first time. Although I signed up on the site last year, I never actually requested any books and it just sort of fell under the radar. Then somehow the website appeared in my mind on Monday and I thought why not try this out?

Immediately, I got 2 Read Now copies (which you don’t have to be approved for and can read and review right away) and then I got a little bolder and requested a few more. I was really surprised when actually two of those requests got accepted and on Wednesday night I summoned all my courage. I requested a copy of But Then I Came Back by Estelle Laure which is the sequel to This Raging Light which I read this month and absolutely loved. I didn’t have too high hopes, but when I got an email Thursday afternoon saying I was approved I was freaking out of joy!

So yeah, I’m really adoring this site right now. Let’s see what I’ve put on my shelves, shall we?

The Goodies


   

1. DC Essential Graphic Novels 2017 (an awesome catalog listing up all major DC comics, already read and reviewed)
2. Hidden Universe Travel Guides: The Complete Marvel Cosmos by Marc Sumerak (currently reading)
3. Mer by Joelle Sellner (a graphic novel to be released this year, read and review to come)
4. The Adventures of Technicality Man by Jessica Meats (looked really interesting and was my first request)


5. But Then I Came Back by Estelle Laure (I still can't believe I actually got this copy! I can't wait to start reading)

I'd like to know

So yeah, that was my Stacking The Shelves for this week! What lovely goods did you add to your shelves? What are you planning on adding next or in the near future? Are you also on NetGalley? Do you have any NetGalley tips & tricks that might help a newbie like me? Don't forget to share with me in the comments! :)