Monday 18 April 2016

So many books to read yet so little time

Today, I'd like to talk to you guys a little. I haven't been active in the past two weeks really and I haven't posted anything in that time. The reason for that is that I had to work a lot (I had to work for 12 days straight and this weekend was the first time I got some free time for myself again. So, it's not far to fetch that I haven't been able to read either.

I'm really disappointed about this, but also too tired to really care. I tried catching up a little on the internet this weekend, but all I really did was watching all the tv shows I missed and catching up on a few older ones. I might have to say that I got caught up in a little reading slump which is sad because I started rereading such a great book, which doesn't deserve to be tossed into a corner unfinished.

I’m going to try to read more now, because I hope to have a little more time again, but honestly, I just have so much work to do at the moment that I don’t think I’ll be really able to concentrate on City of Ashes right at the moment. Or any book for the matter. I had this huge plan to read a lot of books in April, but I’m just not going to be able to do so. There are so many great books in my shelves waiting to be read and I just feel so bad for them for not doing so. Also, I’m really struggling about my promise to myself not to buy any books that aren’t new releases because of my too big TBR pile at home.

So what I’d really like to know from you guys is how you’d go about a situation like this? Do you have any tricks or tips how to manage your free time next to your work/school schedule? How do you get out of a small reading slump if you actually really like the book you’re trying to read? I’m open to any suggestions that might help me get this situation under control because I just feel like I’m wasting my time and I’m not doing anything besides work and training.


I'm currently reading:



City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare