Thursday 31 March 2016

March Wrap Up

What an eventful and at the same time boring month for me. I haven't met my expectations of reading a lot of books. This month I started my new job and I quite liked it. It only lasted two weeks though because then I had an emergency operation (I had to take out my tonsils, which is such a funny word in English - in German we use the same word as we use for Almonds). I thought that during my recovery I would have enough time to read lots and lots of books, but I didn't keep in mind that I would have to take a lot of pain medicine which made me so sleepy and unwell, that I barely touched a book in my first week. So let's see what I can sum up for this wrap up.

BOOKS READ


  

1. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
2. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
3. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

CURRENTLY READING



Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

2016 READING CHALLENGES UPDATE


Goodreads Reading Challenge 2016
Progress: 17/30 (56%)

Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2016
Progress: 6/10 (60%)

For more information check out this month's Quarterly Update I.

BLOG RECAP


In case you missed it here's a recap of this month's posts and Reviews.
I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson Book Review
The Fever Code by James Dashner for Waiting On Wednesday
Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu Book Review
❥ Stacking The Shelves #3 The Vacation Edition
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare Book Review
The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2) by Rick Yancey Book Review
❥ Stacking The Shelves #4 The Pop Vinyl Edition
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins Book Review
❥ Top Ten Tuesday #2 Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon Book Review
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Book Review
❥ Stacking The Shelves #5 New Found Book Depository
1st Quarterly Update about my Reading Challenges
Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods by Rick Riordan Book Review
❥ This month's Trilogy Tuesday featured The Maze Runner
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare Book Review

INSTAGRAMMING


  
    

NEWS AROUND THE BLOG


‣ Those of you who have been following my blog for a bit longer might have noticed that I made a few changes with the design and layout. In the past week I've started teaching myself some HTML and how to use CSS and slowly I think I'm making progress. One thing I still haven't been able to change is my header. I desperately want a nice Blog Title, but I don't have any photoshop skills yet, so that's going to have to wait. Maybe someday I'll finally do that. Anyways, I made changes around the blog, but also in the posts themselves. I'm still tweeking bits and bits here and there, but it's actually quite fun and I'm loving the playing around with the tools bit. I don't know if I'll ever settle for a fix layout, but at the moment I'm still trying to make it better and better. I hope you like it as much as I do!
‣ A huge part of my life contains watching television series. I obsess over them as much as I do over books. I really want to talk about them and it would be lovely to start discussions with other people who watch the same series I do. That's why I'm thinking about posting reviews & whatnot about tv series here on my blog, too. Don't worry. Primarly, this blog will always be about books. I'd just like to talk about my second favourite interest on here, too.

I'd like to know

What have you been up to in March? What books have you read and how happy are you with your month? Are there any special blog posts from you that I should be aware of or you want me to check out? Don't be shy and leave a comment! :)