Monday 15 February 2016

Book Review: P.S. I Still Love You


Title: P.S. I Still Love You
Author: Jenny Han
Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #2
Genres: YA, Contemporary, Romance, Fiction, Chick Lit
Published: May 26th, 2015
Read: January 2016
Rating: 


My Copy

Publisher: Scholastic
Cover: Paperback
Purchase Location: Waterstones, London


Goodreads Summary: Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter. She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever. When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once? In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Timesbestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.


Prequel


To All the Boys I've Loved Before (review)

My Review

This book toyed with my heart on so many levels. It was a rollercoaster of feelings. What I really liked about this book is that there was a perfect flow between the 2 books. P.S. I Still Love You continued directly where we left of in To All The Boys I've Loved Before. The story is quite a heartbreaker, but there's a silver lining and you don't regret picking up this duology. 

The characters really speak to me. Lara Jean is a 'goodie two shoes' and it's totally awesome. I love all the baking references as I'm a huge baking fan myself and all the cakes and goodies sound so tasty! I also really like the part with Stormy in the retirement home which becomes an important part in the second book. Stormy's an awesome character and I really enjoyed the chapter where she and Alicia talked about their first loves. It gives a whole new perspective on first relationships (and that neither of them ended up finding true love in their first love was kind of unraveling). 

It's cute that she tries to set her up with her nephew. I'm so glad however that Lara Jean ended up with the guy I was rooting for from the beginning. Not that I didn't like John - I adored him - but Peter just has that je-ne-sais-quoi